Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Calibri as font

Hi,

I am trying to please my client and put the survey in calibri, I have seen a post about how to embed a non-standard font but the link doesn't seem to be valid. Is there any way I can do this easily?

Thanks,
asked Feb 16, 2016 by Caroline
retagged Feb 16, 2016 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+1 vote
Calibri is a ClearType True Type font that was shipped with Windows Vista and later and appears as the default font in Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and 2016. Unfortunately, if you reference it in a font-family declaration within your survey, it will only appear in the survey if the respondent has that True Type font installed in their operating system. To overcome this problem, you have to provide what is called a "web font" and embed it into your survey.

With Lighthouse Studio you may customize the CSS (cascading styles sheets) of a survey style to change the default font family to a web font. A web font, and its various file formats, may be downloaded from its manufacturer and inserted into your Graphics folder where it can be referenced by your CSS code. In Lighthouse Studio 9, the Apollo, Archivo, Lato, and Lora survey styles use this technique to embed web fonts.

A quick search of the Internet tells me that Calibri may be purchased as a web font from Fonts.com. There may be other sources.

Please see the following Forum post for additional information including an example of how to embed a web font into your survey.

https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/forum/1492/can-i-embed-a-non-standard-font-into-my-survey?show=1492#q1492
answered Feb 16, 2016 by Nathan Bryce Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (9,380 points)