Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Can't download the results

I designed an ACBC survey. I launched it onto the web using sawtooth's servers.

After I took the survey, I wanted to download the results by going to my admin page but there is no link to download the csv or dat file. I can click "view selected records", which shows I answered each question-would I copy and paste this into excel? Except I don't see how this data can be analyzed. I also tried to download the data in SSI web by clicking on "field", "get data", and then clicking on "import study data files"; but when I enter in my "STUDYNAME.data.csv" OR I entered the name for my survey- it says "no respondents can be accumulated - "file does not exist".

I wonder if this stems from an error message I see at the top of the screen when I launch the survey, which says:
"An error has occurred on this page. Please fix this error and try again.
A response is required"

this is above some demographic questions I ask at the beginning of the survey.

thanks.
asked Feb 9, 2016 by Joe

1 Answer

0 votes
Under the main Admin Module page under the "Data Management" heading, there is a link to "Download" the data. The resulting .csv file can be imported using the method you described of going to "Field"--> "Get Data" --> "Import Study Files". It can also be opened in Excel, etc.

If you know the URL of the Admin module, you can use the "Field" --> "Get Data" --> "Web Server" field to direct SSI Web to download your data directly from the admin module and import it for you.

If you're still having trouble, contact support@sawtoothsoftware.com and let them know which study you're having trouble with.
answered Feb 9, 2016 by Jonathan Huff Bronze (1,575 points)
thanks for the response but there is no link to download the data under "data management" , the only items listed are:

Data Management
Summary
View / Edit
Search

Reports
Data
Incompletes

Survey Administration
Test Mode

that's it. I've contacted support.

thanks,
David
Sounds like you are accessing the admin module with a read-only password instead of read-modify password.  That would be the difference on seeing a Download option.
that sounds like it may be the answer, but how do I get a read-modify password?

Also, why is it when I try to download the data in SSI web by clicking on "field", "get data", and then clicking on "import study data files"; and enter in my "STUDYNAME.data.csv" OR I entered the name for my survey- it says "no respondents can be accumulated - "file does not exist".

thanks for your help.
You can't import data if you haven't manually downloaded it from the Admin Module.  From SSIWeb under the "get data" you would want to select the radio button for Web Server as your data source and you put the address of your admin link there.  That will download the data and be exportable directly.  Otherwise, if you manually download the data from the Admin Module then you would select  "import study data files" and point to where you downloaded that data manually.

In SSIWeb under Field---Web Server Management go to the Admin Module tab and that is where you define the user name and passwords for Read-Only or Read-Modify when you upload your study to the server.
ah that sounds like it is the answer! thank you very much! I'll try it out when I get home.

thanks again for your help on this.