Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Grid question with other specify box in every column

I have a column direction grid question with 5 columns and 10 rows. Check box type answers are required. The final row is a other specify row label.

The standard grid layout is to have the other specify box to the far left within the row label. What I need is a comment box in every column.

My preference is to attack this problem using JavaScript to insert a comment box in every column below the check box associated to the other specify row label.

Looking forward to a suitable answer.

Note - I know I can ask for comments on a following page but I'd love to see a solution where it all appears in the one grid.

I have come across this issue in the past and have not had any luck location the solution.

Thank you.
asked Jan 11, 2016 by Paul Moon Platinum (98,670 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hi Paul,

You need to do the following:

1. Add dummy open end box in last row using jquery
2. Hide corresponding checkboxes
3. Add open end grid with one row and hide its boxes
4. Now connect dummy open end boxes with open end grid such that whatever is written in those dummy boxes gets copied in this OE grid

You would need to get your hand dirty with some jquery skills for this, in case you need any further help, inbox me!

Regards,
Saurabh
answered Jan 11, 2016 by Saurabh Aggarwal Gold (34,795 points)
Thanks Saurabh. It's the jquery programming that is the problem. I have an example in my archives but can't find it unfortunately? You steps make sense but I don't have the jquery code.
Sent steps code to you in your inbox
Thanks Saurabh. I'll let you know how I go. Appreciate the information.