Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Help Interpreting the Data??

after extracting the data in the .dat format I brought them into .xls format, which worked ok. Can you tell me where to find help to be able to understand/work with the received data??
asked Feb 28, 2012 by daneeela (170 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
The output can be analysed in many software packages away from Sawtooth. Sawtooth controls th data capture beautifully.

SPSS can provide data mining capabilities (there are others like SAS).

Excel is okay for charting, summaries and pivot tables, etc.

There are cross tablulation packages like Surveycraft, Quantum, etc. (and there's many more).

This all depends on what you are trying to achieve?
answered Feb 28, 2012 by Paul Moon Platinum (98,670 points)
Since your other question from today involved ACA, I'm wondering if you are needing help interpreting conjoint/ACA data?  If so, we have a good introductory paper: https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/download/techpap/interpca.pdf
I want ot use STATA for interpreting CBC; how do I get the underlying effect-coding matrix from my Sawtooth-design? Or is there another way to recode it easily? I think the manual way wouldnt be the most efficient one. Thanks!
If you take your CBC data and first bring it into SMRT (via File + Import), then you can turn around and use (within SMRT) the File + Export (and select the Export Type as Effects-Coded ASCII (*.xpt) format).

That will export your design matrix and respondent answers to the choice questions.
Great, got it! Many thanks!