Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

JavaScript-enabled browsers setting in v8.3.6

What proportion of respondents would we typically expect to NOT have JavaScript enabled in their browsers? My research suggests it is as little as 1%.

I see this feature as a good feature but my colleagues are asking how many of our respondents will be witnessing such a warning?

I understand this may vary from country to country but what are Sawtooth users seeing?

May I also ask what the respondents are doing if such a warning appears? Do most ignore the survey from this point or enable JavaScript and complete the survey?

Would love to hear from anyone who is aware of any such results.
asked Jul 25, 2014 by Paul Moon Platinum (97,670 points)
This is an interesting question, Paul. I'll have to go back through some of my datasets to get some numbers on this. Casual observations, though, would suggest that your <1% figure is probably pretty close to accurate. I don't know how you'd even track how many people that had JavaScript turned off and saw an error then changed their settings and re-entered the survey. Maybe one of our programmers can comment on that aspect.
Thanks for your reply Aaron. I suspect none of us would have an accurate answer on how many people experience the problem, and of those, how many make the adjustment versus those who give up?

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.