Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Browser title field in survey settings

I am currently using Window 7 and the browsers I most commonly use are IE11 and Chrome36.

From my research, it appears IE11 and Chrome36 do not have a title bar? I can't  say much about other browsers like Safari?

Do others agree with my findings?

So I ask what purpose, if any, does the "Browser title field in survey settings" play moving forward?
asked Jul 25, 2014 by Paul Moon Platinum (97,670 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
The titles are technically displayed on each tab, but with the switch to tabbed browsing, the title of a page isn't usually displayed very prominently or in full due to the small width of each tab.  Each page still has a title, though, that should show up when you mouse over a tab.

It's probably nicer to have something rather than just the URL show up, but I don't know how many people actually pay attention to it anymore.
answered Jul 25, 2014 by Brian McEwan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (55,820 points)
Thanks Brian. Your reply is what I was expecting. Lower visiblity and does anyone pay attention to it anyway?

Does this make Sawtooth think about removing this field from the survey settings in future or just leave it in?
I don't think we'd get rid of it, as there's no real harm in having a Title (most websites still do, probably for SEO practices).  I just don't think many people pay attention to the title other than if you having 20 tabs open and are trying to get back to something specific :)
Thanks. Makes sense.