Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How can I see the transition time between questions?

asked Jun 27, 2014 by anonymous

2 Answers

0 votes
I am not sure to get your question, but I you want to store as a variable the time spent on a question, on a range of question, etc... you should inspired yourself from the code below (it comes from this post: https://sawtoothsoftware.com/forum/4590/how-to-record-survey-time-in-a-sawtooth-variable?show=4590#q4590)

Basically create a free-format question and write as follow if you want to capture the time (in minutes) spent between pages 1 and 50:

<input type="hidden" name="capture_time" value="
[%
Begin Unverified Perl
my $a1=(PAGETIME(1,50))/60 ;
End Unverified
%]
">

It is typical to put this at the very end of the survey, but I guess it sould also work elsewhere. At the extreme you could have such hidden variable between each of your page, measuring the time spent on the previous page.
answered Jun 27, 2014 by Albatus Bronze (545 points)
0 votes
If you are looking for time per page, Sawtooth v8 captures a system page time variable in seconds for every survey page. You must tick the "Save Respondent Time Per Page" option under Survey Settings (click the screw driver button) under the Advanced tab.

You can export these variables out with your survey data and apply any form of analysis.
answered Jun 28, 2014 by Paul Moon Platinum (83,375 points)