Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Filter based on Semantic Differential Question

Hi,

I have a Semantic Differential question (Variable name WIRE13) with 10 point granularity. Next question (Variable name WIRE13A) having the following filter condition 'SHOW WIRE13A IF WIRE13=1-5'. I don't know how to apply filter for WIRE13A as I am new to Sawtooth. Kindly help.
asked Apr 2, 2014 by Abdul Bronze (2,630 points)
retagged Apr 2, 2014 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Semantic differential questions assume the question will have more than one row, so we record the response with both the variable name and the row number (which is based on the position of the item in the parent list).  If you have just one item in your semantic differential question, you would pre-skip WIRE13A if WIRE13_1 > 5.  Note that WIRE13A would need to be on a separate page than WIRE13 for this to work.

If you need WIRE13A and WIRE13 to be on the same page, then this gets much trickier and would require custom programming to hide/show WIRE13A.  If this is the situation, please contact our support line (support@sawtoothsoftware.com) to discuss options for customizing a solution for your particular survey.
answered Apr 2, 2014 by Aaron Hill Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (10,995 points)
selected Apr 3, 2014 by Abdul
Thanks Aaron Hill, I have WIRE13A on a separate page so it works for WIRE13_1 > 5.