Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Interrupt-Restart Interviews in SSI Web Capi (without web connection)

We just get a questionaire for programming a product test. First part is a screener.After being screened  the interviewee gets the product to be tested- and has to interrupt the interview. Two weeks later the interviewee should tell about the experiences with the product. Here i want to restart the interview. Is there a way ? How do I program it in a proper way ?
asked Jan 4, 2012 by anonymous

2 Answers

+1 vote
As long as you define unique usernames each interview will continue where they last left off. So without doing any linking, etc. you can just close the interview when giving out the product and when you go back in two weeks, open up the interview and enter the same username and you'll continue from where you have left off.
answered Jan 6, 2012 by Bahadir Ozkurt Gold (16,980 points)
Bahadir is correct. But how important is the 2 weeks? If the controlling of the time is crucial to your study, you would have to separate the surveys. And your 2nd survey would have to confirm they have tested the product too.
It is not crucial to the study. Now I have  three methods to restart the interview. Bahadirs is the one, which i prefer most at the moment . Thank you both for your help
0 votes
One way is to have the screener survey setup in one Sawtooth program. Before terminating the survey, mention your process where you will suspend the screener survey now and allow the respondent to test the product for 2 weeks before commencing the product experience survey.

You can tag your sample database with completes (via the paasword reports in the admin module - download completed passwords only) and send out an invitation for the product experience survey for completes from the screener survey. The product experience survey will be setup in a different job and the link between the 2 surveys will be the password.

You can also use linking from one survey to anotehr survey (this can be found under the Terminate question). If you use this, you have to control when the respondent can continue with the 2nd survey. My 1st method mentioned above gives you this control.

There's a few ways to do this.

Hope that helps.
answered Jan 4, 2012 by Paul Moon Platinum (98,670 points)