Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Drop down list and other options

Hi,

I have some attributes to be shown in Drown Down list and other responses to be shown separately. Please let me know how to show these in a single variable

Column1    Column2     Column3
attr 1            attr 1              attr 1
attr 2            attr 2              attr 2
....                  ....                    ....
....                  ....                    ....

Other          Other              Other
None            None              None

Thanks
Abdul
asked Oct 18, 2013 by Abdul Bronze (2,630 points)

2 Answers

+2 votes
Can you describe your problem little bit more.  Do you want to show 3 columns with different attribute or you want to show same attribute but for other you want some specify box.
answered Oct 18, 2013 by Rajesh Rana Gold (24,770 points)
I want to show 3 columns with different attributes

Internet               Phone                Mobile
Brand1                Brand3               Brand5    
Brand2                Brand4               Brand6

And I have 'Other' and 'None' options for each columns. Instruction specified in the questionnaire above other and none response as "SEPARATE ENTRY FROM DROP DOWN MENU". Please let me know how to show this in a single variable. Also I should have specify box for 'Other' option.

Thanks
Abdul
0 votes
When you setup your grid question, you can click on EDIT for each individual row entry (assuming your question direction is rows) and select a different input type / list for each row . The combo box is a good option for single response type questions within a grid with mixed response types. Your other specify field should be made to be an O/E type.

I was just working on a similar question recently where the grid had a mixture of O/E and list responses required and it turned out to be very nice in the end.

Get back to me if you need an example.
answered Oct 18, 2013 by Paul Moon Platinum (82,475 points)