Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Constructed List in 2 columns based on a condition

Hi,

I have a constructed list question which is using '2 columns' option.
I would like to show the responses in 2 columns only if more than 6 options selected in the parent list question otherwise it should be in only one column.

Please let me know if this possible.
asked May 28, 2013 by Abdul Bronze (2,630 points)
There is also a function called NumChecked which is used for select type questions. If NumChecked(Q1)>6 for example.

You did not specify if the parent list is being used in a select question or something else like a grid?

2 Answers

+3 votes
Maybe I misunderstood, but I took this to mean you have a select question that is using a constructed list and you have the check box settings set with the number of columns at 2.  However, if your constructed list being used has 6 or less options you wanted the number of columns to only be 1, not 2?  Is that right?  I'm not sure if there is a way to change that setting based on the list length, but if that is what you wanted to accomplish you could create 2 questions (one set with 2 columns and the other with only 1 column) and skip the questions based on the list length of your constructed list.  Now, this would require you to combine the responses on the back end, but it would accomplish what you wanted for the functionality of the survey.
answered May 29, 2013 by Jay Rutherford Gold (36,195 points)
+2 votes
You can create 2 list, One which will use AIC function and add selected member from both column and second one will use ListLength function and will add 2 column if listlength is more than 6 for first list. Let me know if more help required.
answered May 28, 2013 by Rajesh Rana Gold (24,770 points)