Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Allocation algorithm for Maxdiff segments

I have done a Maxdiff and have used Latent Class to create segments.

In the future, our client might want to do their own Maxdiff (with the same items, and same number of tasks & items per task), and will want to allocate those respondents to the segments that I found now.

Therefore, I would like to create an allocation algorithm for these segments.

I was now thinking of using a "Step 3" approach in the Latent Gold software to get an allocation syntax, but maybe there is another way to do this?

(just to be clear: I do not want to reduce the number of items; and am assuming the client will do their own Maxdiff)
asked Nov 24 by Tina Van Regenmortel Bronze (615 points)
Hi Tina,

I unfortunately to not have much experience with Latent Gold, but If you are using the same Max-Diff questions and planning on re-running a the HB analysis each time then it might be worth seeing how well a simple discriminant analysis works at predicting the LC segments from the raw utilities (not the rescaled ones).

This should result in a relatively simple model for your client to recreate at a later date.

However, if you did want to reduce the number of tasks/items we do have a tool which can help with that.

Dean
Hi Dean,
if I did want to reduce the number of tasks/items, could you tell me where I can find documentation for the tool?
email in to support and I will send it on - its not the most user friendly, but gives you more options

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.