Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Page number export

I was wondering if there was an easy approach to exporting your survey with page numbers.

The reason I ask is my client was wanting to analyse the survey page times within the CSV survey data file, but had no idea what question belonged to what page?

I had to whip something up manually in Excel.

And you can imagine the difficulty when your survey contains many loops.

Thanks.
asked May 16 by Paul Moon Platinum (98,670 points)
edited May 16 by Paul Moon

1 Answer

0 votes
Hmmm, interesting query.  With the loops how do the page numbers show in the data?  Are they given dot notations as well?  I have never really looked at that in data with a loop (it's actually only on occasion that I need to refer to the specific page numbers but I can imagine the headache of dealing with it manually).
answered May 17 by Jay Rutherford Platinum (50,145 points)
Correct Jay, the same dot notation applies to the page numbering. If you have 5 looped items on page 50, you have page numbers 50.1, 50.2, 50.3, 50.4, 50.5.

It would be nice to just export this all out to Excel or a PDF file.
Boy, you would sure think there would be a way to export that somehow.  Hopefully they can provide something here.
After conducting the manual approach, I thought there needs to be an easier way to go about this. If the individual page times are provided within the CSV survey data file, then the page number listing to accommodate the page times data should also be readily available.