Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Existing study in the remote folder

Hi all,

I'm having trouble uploading my survey to Sawtooth server. It keeps saying I've already got a study. Here is the error message:

"Uploading the study 'study name' failed because the remote server already contains a Lighthouse Studio study. Only one study is allowed in the remote folder. The existing study in the remote folder is named 'XX'.

The 'XX' study it refers to was a dummy file that I uploaded for testing. I have already deleted the project from Sawtooth as well as the study file. How can I delete this 'XX' study from the remote file so I can host my official survey?

Thanks in advance,
Emma
asked May 11 by Emma Bronze (840 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
If you use the "Delete Survey from Server" button in the Hosting area while you have the XX study open in Lighthouse, it should remove all of the files and the database tables related to that project.

If something didn't work right, if there is no real data yet then probably the fastest thing would be to delete the whole project/domain from hosting.sawtoothsoftware.com and then re-add it and do a fresh upload of the survey.

If this is a custom domain or there are other surveys published to it with real data, it would probably be best to send an email in to support@sawtoothsoftware.com and include the project/domain from your account.
answered May 12 by Brian McEwan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (56,045 points)