Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Select Carousel Question

Hi,

I have three fixed concepts with 3 fixed attributes each. They are shown in a table in the paper questionnaire, but this will be too wide for mobile. It should be a single-select-question where users have to choose one concept.

Is there a way to display the three options in a select type question in a carousel style on mobile? I'm thinking of  something like the carousel-style concept presentation in the mobile CBC version. Any ideas?

Best,
Kathrin
asked Apr 27, 2022 by Kathrin (440 points)
If these questions are setup as fixed tasks in a CBC exercise, they should already have the mobile functionality of random CBC tasks.  That might not be the case if you were using a free format CBC - is that what you are doing?
The question is a regular select question with three answer options. As the answer options are fixed concepts, I would like to configure the appearance of this question like a CBC screen. Does that make sense?
That's possible, but could be a sizeable task if starting from scratch.  Would it be acceptable to start with this item from the Community Question Library as a starting point?

https://sawtoothsoftware.com/resources/question-library/carousel

Three questions could be used, with custom script forcing respondents to select one item.

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.