Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

CBC to test different price components

Dear all,

I am planning to conduct a CBC to measure the effect of different list price/discount combinations in a B2B setup for different products and different competitor prices. More specific, the attributes would be "product", "competitor price" ($), my "list price" ($) and my "discount" (%).
As seeing and comparing different products in the same task does not make sense from a respondent perspective I prohibited this with between concept prohibitions. Thus only one product type is shown per page.
However as products might be quite different I would also like to display different competitor prices and own list prices depending on product.

My questions are:
a) Is such a design feasible?
b) Does such a design make sense, to measure effects of different prices and discounts? Or would another method like ACA, ACBC be more appropriate?
c) What might be consequences of such a design when conducting HB analyses, given that I include that many prohibitions?

Thank you very much in advance!
asked Apr 12 by JoGu (310 points)

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.