Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Autosubmit MaxDiff

I am looking to have a maxdiff exercise that has a  time limit per question, and if the time limit is hit, the next question is shown. We are doing this with the goal of having respondents give more gut reaction type responses vs. spending a lot of time deciding.

I've tried to use some autosubmit javascript suggested elsewhere on the forum, but since the items are required, I can't seem to figure out a workaround.

Any guidance on how to do this is appreciated - I imagine there is some autocoding a response that needs to happen on top of the timeout, I'm just not advanced enough to put it all together. thanks!
asked Mar 23 by Leslie (220 points)
Like you saw, MaxDiff tasks require a response.  Because this is a server-level requirement, there's nothing we can write in JavaScript to circumvent it.  Free format MaxDiffs - on the other hand - do come with the ability to disable response verification entirely.  You can learn more about this feature here:

https://sawtoothsoftware.com/help/lighthouse-studio/manual/hid_web_custommaxdiff.html

If you apply your autosubmit code to a free format MaxDiff task, you should be good to go.  If you need help creating a free format exercise or implementing the auto-submit, I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Ooooh going to learn something new today, thanks!

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.