Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Error: Merge data from identical CBC and different language

Dear Forum,

I would like to merge the data sets of an identical CBC experiment which I have distributed with two different links (GER/EN). I have tried to merge the csv and also import two csv's together in the data manager. The respondent numbers are all different. Anyways, I get the following error:

No respondents can be accumulated from

C:\Users\micro\Desktop\CsvAllFields_DE.csv.

The file contains an invalid field 'sys_pagetime_26;;;;;;;'.  ERROR: The name contains an invalid character.

I don't understand what the error means. I haven't changed anything in the documents except the respondent's number. Does anyone have a solution for that?

Thank you in advance!
asked Jan 26 by Nele

1 Answer

0 votes
It appears that the file is formatted for German regional settings, using semicolons as separators, commas for decimal, etc.. At this time Lighthouse can only import .csv files formatted for US where commas are separators and periods are used for decimals.
answered Jan 26 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (22,580 points)
Dear Walter,

thank you for your quick response! Unfortunately, I cannot find any semicolons in the csv's. The only difference between the surveys is the question language - not the Software language. Also, if I import the English version and the German version from one folder, I do get an error for both.

C:\Users\micro\Desktop\nexttry\CsvAllFields_DE.csv.

The file contains an invalid field 'sys_pagetime_26;;;;;;;'.  ERROR: The name contains an invalid character.

C:\Users\micro\Desktop\nexttry\CsvAllFields_EN.csv.

The file contains an invalid field 'sys_pagetime_23;;;;;;;;;;;'.  ERROR: The name contains an invalid character.

Do you have any other idea how I can fix my problem?

Kind regards from Switzerland,

Nele
I would recommend you send me the project files so that I can investigate this further. My email is walt@sawtoothsoftware.com.