Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Mobile Width Settings

Hi guys, i am not sure about and the code from https://legacy.sawtoothsoftware.com/forum/32007/mobile-width-cutoff don't work for me.

I want to display screening and choice tournament of acbc in a smaller way.
Currently respondents have to scroll horizontal every time, even if I change the max task width or question width it does not modify anything.
I want no horizontal scrolling, maybe smaller font size or something else.. but I don't understand why Max width of task does not adapt the question to mobile view.

For your information: I am using the default survey style no custom.

Thanks guys.
asked Jan 22 by Honeybadger Bronze (890 points)
That script is meant to change when certain built-in mobile functionality triggers for respondents, but that behavior only relates to select questions, grid questions, and CBC exercises.  I think having CBC-like mobile behavior for ACBC Screeners and ACBC Choice questions would be a good idea, but that's a large change and I don't know when I'd be able to get around to doing that.
I understand, it will be a big script - to adapt everything from CBC to ACBC.
But I just want to know why max width of the task does not work - a standard function?
If you're putting in a pretty low task width, my guess would be that the width of the texts in the task is forcing the task to be wider than the specified width.
Is there an opportunity to hide labels only in mobile view?

1 Answer

0 votes
The attribute labels?  Sure, try this CSS:

<style>
@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {
    #[% QuestionName() %]_div .inner_table > tbody > tr > td:first-child {
        display: none;
    }
}
</style>
answered Jan 24 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (201,975 points)