Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Optical delimitation of "not specified" radio button

Dear community,

is it possible to delimit the radio button for answer option "not specified" at the end of a scale with the help of a vertical line on the left side of the radio button (in order to optically make clear that this answer option differs from the others)?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks and best wishes,
Jules
asked Jan 11 by Jules (280 points)
I don't see any reason we couldn't do this.  It sounds like you may be talking about a grid question where these radios appear as the last column - is that right?

If we are talking about grid questions, it should be noted that grid questions display differently on mobile screens in more recent versions of Lighthouse Studio.  If you have this setting enabled, what optical delimitation would you want to apply in the mobile case?
Hi Zachary,

actually I am talking about semantic differential questions, where my last answer option is the one that I´d like to optically deliminate from the others. My survey will only be answered on PC and tablet and not in a mobile version.
Is my idea possible with semantic differential questions as well?
Thank you very much!

1 Answer

0 votes
Even better.  Try adding this CSS to your semantic diff and see if it meets your needs:

<style>
#[% QuestionName() %]_div td:nth-last-child(2) {
    border-left: 1px solid black;
}
</style>

Naturally, the exact CSS rule can be adjusted to change things like the width and color of the line.
answered Jan 11 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (192,600 points)
Dear Zachary,

this excatly fits my needs. Thank you so much for your quick help!