Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Numeric input box too narrow in IE

Currently in SSI 7.0.22  With a grid question in Firefox  it shows the numeric input boxes correctly but no amount of override (width of input box characters, format question width or % of labels, etc.) seems to make them wide enough in Internet Explorer. These boxes are too small for respondent to see what they enter. If there is an error in entry they do see the wider input box.
I know I'm missing something. Help and thanks!

Jim
asked Mar 19, 2013 by Jim (125 points)
retagged Sep 1, 2016 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+2 votes
Did you change Input box width by selecting "Advance setting" by selecting each option?
If not, please double clieck the row if rowwise or column if column wise, you will get Advance settings under maximum value and set something 10 or 15 for Input box width.
answered Mar 19, 2013 by Rajesh Rana Gold (24,715 points)
Yes, tried that under advance settings.  Does not change in IE.  Other browsers work.
I tested with my dummy project here it works for all browser. Seems some problem with code, Can you tell me if you are using some other css in global or footer of the question.
There is a fragment of css code left from a prior study in the header.  I'll delete that.  Otherwise am using the global 'Oceanic' css
Wow!  That did it.  As long as it passes some further testing, this is good to go.

MANY THANKS!

Jim
:) great