Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Vertical aligning attribute labels in ACBC BYO

I am having an issue controlling the vertical alignment of attribute labels within the BYO of an ACBC.  In past studies, the alignment has always been at the top of the start of an attribute's area of the table (so respondents see it as they start to look at the attribute levels).  However, in our current project it is vertical centered, and given that we have images for multiple attribute levels, the respondent may not see the attribute name until they scroll down.

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure this out -- this study looks the same as others, with only one exception I can see:  we have hover-over text for some of the attribute labels.  Generic example below.  Any help is appreciated.  It is not a show stopper, but it would be nice to move those labels back up to the top of the list.

<span class="byoText"><span class="tool_tip_link"><i>Attribute Name</i></span><div class="tool_tip_text" style="max-width:none;"><font size="+2">Attribute Description.</font></div></span> <span class="nonByoText">Alternative Attribute Name</span>
asked Dec 14, 2021 by gretchenh (265 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Does adding this CSS to your BYO work?

<style>
#[% QuestionName() %]_div .label_text_cell {
    vertical-align: top;
}
</style>
answered Dec 14, 2021 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (206,100 points)
Yup, like a charm.  Thanks, Zachary!