Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How can I put certain options in a multiple response question that were the ones answered on the previous one?

I want to make a Select multi response question that the options it offers are the exact same ones as the ones that were marked on a previous Select multi response question

How can I do it? and where do I have to do it?

Thanks in advance

Program: Lighthouse Studio
asked Dec 2, 2021 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Constructed lists are the way to go here.  After you've created your first select question, go into the Lists Manager.  There should be a button for it near the top of the main window or Write Questionnaire window.  You should see the list for the first select question already in there.

Click to create a new constructed list.  You should set its parent list to the list being used by the first select question, then give it these instructions:

AIC(Q1)

"Q1" should be replaced with the name of the first select question.  (The "AIC" stands for "add if chosen.")

In your second select question, go into the item settings and set the question to use this constructed list and you should be good to go.
answered Dec 2, 2021 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (202,625 points)