Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to customise Other(specify) field as combo box?

Suppose, I have SR/MR select question type and their response option as below:

A - Red
B - Green
C - Other (Specify) -> Combo box
D - None

Is it possible to code 3 as combo box within the Select question type?
asked Nov 24 by nishit.ramoliya (145 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Not sure if formatting it that way is possible, perhaps Zach may be able to come up with some javascript.  However, you could use the branching question from the Question library and have an additional combo box select question show up below it if option 3 is selected.
answered Nov 24 by Jay Rutherford Gold (45,335 points)
Agree with Jay the branching approach is a very good alternative. It looks impressive for this very type of question.
Hopefully Branching will suffice.  If need be, additional script could move the second question to be located within the first.
Where can I implement the script for combo box in Branching question? from instruction given it refers to the dependent question. I understand that dependent question will be the actual question.
This requires you to put the branching question and the Better Lighthouse Library on the same page after all your regular questions.  The question to be shown based on the answer to the dependent question needs to be set to 'not required'.  In the branching question there are step by step instructions.  Have you followed through those?  If so, what issue are you experiencing?