Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

how does the cbc analysis know which question version was answered by participants?

I am currently setting up a cbc project and was wondering, how does the cbc analysis know which questionnaire version was answered by which participant? I am talking about a balanced overlap design.

Is there a variable that indicates the questionnaire number and thus connects the design with the analysis process? or is it by default that the first respondent gets the first version created as indicated by the design?  

I am wondering as I am considering a pen and paper questionnaire and wonder about the data input.

Is my question clear enough?
Greetings
asked Nov 23 by mue123 (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
If using Lighthouse Studio, you are correct there is a version variable that records which version respondents saw. You are also correct that respondent 1 sees version 1, respondent 2 sees version 2, and so forth.

If you do paper and pencil interviewing the template data file will have a column for the version number you will need when importing the data.
answered Nov 23 by Brian McEwan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (54,165 points)