Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Record first clicked response in multi-response question

Hi all,

I need help with some Javascript: I'd like to record the first selected response in a multiple-response select question and write the selected item to a (hidden) single-response variable; regardless of any later changes to the response, e.g. the item is unselected or any additional items are selected.

I'm using Lighthouse v9.12.1

Thanks,
Markus
asked 6 days ago by Markus

1 Answer

0 votes
The Community Question Library has a "Checkbox Order" tool that records the order of all responses to a checkbox-type select question.  You can download it and import it into your local question library from here:

https://sawtoothsoftware.com/resources/question-library/checkbox-order

Once you've completed the instructions for applying it to your question, I think you should have all the information you need.  I'd be happy to answer any questions that come up from setting up or using this tool.
answered 6 days ago by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (183,800 points)
Glad those tools exist in the Community Question Library.  Again, great work, Zach for your development/maintenance in that library and for you being such a quick draw on the Forum to guide people to these extended tools!
Yes indeed!
Thanks Zachary for all that you do to support us.
You're a little champion mate.
Thanks a lot! Works perferctly.