Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Record first clicked response in multi-response question

Hi all,

I need help with some Javascript: I'd like to record the first selected response in a multiple-response select question and write the selected item to a (hidden) single-response variable; regardless of any later changes to the response, e.g. the item is unselected or any additional items are selected.

I'm using Lighthouse v9.12.1

Thanks,
Markus
asked Oct 13 by Markus

1 Answer

0 votes
The Community Question Library has a "Checkbox Order" tool that records the order of all responses to a checkbox-type select question.  You can download it and import it into your local question library from here:

https://sawtoothsoftware.com/resources/question-library/checkbox-order

Once you've completed the instructions for applying it to your question, I think you should have all the information you need.  I'd be happy to answer any questions that come up from setting up or using this tool.
answered Oct 13 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (184,925 points)
Glad those tools exist in the Community Question Library.  Again, great work, Zach for your development/maintenance in that library and for you being such a quick draw on the Forum to guide people to these extended tools!
Yes indeed!
Thanks Zachary for all that you do to support us.
You're a little champion mate.
Thanks a lot! Works perferctly.