Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Remove grid question check box hover over highlight

Hello,

We have a question about the grid question checkbox. When we hover over to a checkbox in the grid question, a gray highlight will appear.  I use the code below to remove the gray highlight.
 <style type="text/css">
.grid td.highlight {
    background: transparent !important;
}
</style>

But the gray highlight turned to light green highlight after I applied the code above. Then I wrote the code below to try to remove the light green highlight. However, it didn't work.
 <style type="text/css">
.clickable.highlight {
    background-color: transparent !important;
}

</style>

Can anyone please share any suggestions?

Many thanks!
asked Sep 24, 2021 by Yolanda-Wong (385 points)
The former CSS worked for me in Lighthouse Studio 9.12.1.  What version are you running and is there other CSS on the page that might be causing the green color?

I doubt it will fix your problem, but I'd usually write the former solution using "background-color" rather than "background."
I use 9.12.1. Besides the two pieces of code, I also use the code below. But I don't think this causes the green color.
<style type="text/css">
.grid .col_label_cell {
    vertical-align: middle;;
}
</style>

I tried "background-color". It didn't work unfortunately.
There must be something else at play here.  Would it be possible for you to share with us a way to reproduce the problem, either with the .ssi file or with an upload link?  Naturally, sensitive or irrelevant info could be removed from the file before sharing.
Sure thing. Can I send the .ssi file to support@sawtoothsoftware.com? Thanks!
Sounds good.
Thank you! I have sent it.

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.