Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Automated decimal places for numeric pipe-in

Dear all,

I've got the following problem: In my questionnaire I ask my participants how much they are willing to pay for a certain product.
In a later question, I ask them to distribute this willingness to pay across different features of the product.
Therefore, I use the answer of the previous numeric question as part of my follow-up question by using a pipe-in. (Remember that you are willing to pay XXX$ ...)

However, the answer to the previous numeric question is always displayed with about 15 decimal places, even though the respondent did not enter any decimal places at all.

(Decimals are/have to be allowed in the previous question about the overall willingness to pay. The issue only appears using the hosting-link but not when testing the survey directly.)

I would be very happy if someone can help me fix this issue!

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards, Seb
asked Aug 17 by Seb0810 (180 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Try using the ROUND function which you can find in the SSI Script library.

Example ...
[%ROUND(Q1,2)%]

This will display the number entered at Q1 to 2 decimal places. It will round to the 2nd decimal place which is nice.

Other functions to consider are ...

FORMATNUMBER (NUMBER,"ThousandsSeparator", "DecimalSeparator", NumDecimalPlaces)

ROUNDTONUMBER (NUMBER,ROUNDTO,#DECIMALS)
answered Aug 17 by Paul Moon Platinum (94,725 points)
Hey Paul,

this worked out well! Thank you!

Kind regards, Seb
Awesome Seb. Well done sir.