Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Does CBC/HB recognize None even if not all tasks have a None row (all 0s)?

I did have None rows for some of the tasks and the checkbox "include none if available was selected but the utility set did not have a None-parameter/column and a number of respondents have been discarded (presumably for selecting None throughout the experiment).
asked Aug 5, 2021 by alex.wendland Bronze (2,545 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Alex,

For the single CSV file type, CBC/HB will use the first task of the first respondent to determine whether there is a none option. As long as that is satisfied, you can have tasks without the none option and it should work just fine.
answered Aug 5, 2021 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (22,705 points)
Hi Walter and thanks for the prompt response! My experience is slightly different. I tried things out and only if I remove all tasks w/o None (not just select in the task filter but delete rows from the response file) does the estimation recognize and estimate a None parameter.  I can share 2 example files I worked with.

Is this something that can be fixed in a new CBC/HB version that you can share with me in the next days? Otherwise I will just need to add None rows to some of the tasks that I'm trying to augment my response file with.
You can send me the files and I can look to see what's going on. My email is walt at sawtoothsoftware.com.