Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Drop down arrows to hide information beneath ACBC Screening Questions

Hi everyone,

I would like to add information beneath the Screening Section of my ACBC. One ACBC participant will most likely only need a small share of all the information (but different participants will need different parts of it).
Thus, I would like to provide all information.
However, in order to not overload the page, I would like to avoid putting the whole amount of text beneath the Screening Questions. Therefore, I thought about a drop-down arrow where participants can open and close the information accordingly.
Is this possible with the software?

I couldn’t find any information on this in the manuals or the forum (Of course, this might be because drop-down (arrow) is not the right terminology in English…).

Thanks in advance
Michael
asked Jun 29 by MichaelFu (160 points)
This is certainly possible, but the exact code will depend on how you want the page to eventually look.  You could add a simple HTML dropdown that shows / hides content on the page when it gets changed.  Another option that you might like would be to implement a jQuery UI accordion element.  Take a look at an example of that here:

https://jqueryui.com/accordion/
Dear  Zachary,

thank you, this works!

Just one additional question: can I change the code to start with all sections closed/ retracted at the beginning? Because currently the first section is always open/folded out..

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Jun 30 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (182,000 points)
Dear Zachary,

thank you, works fine.