Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Hide an Attribute in CBC

I have a CBC study where all attributes/levels are represented in an image (one image per concept) - which image is displayed is controlled by levels of Attribute 1.

L/Studio will not accept a CBC with one attribute, so I added a null Attribute 2.

The CBC sets include the empty Attribute 2 (with label suppressed), which takes up space  - is it possible to suppress the display of Attribute 2 to improve the look of the CBC sets?

thanks
Dan
asked Jun 7 by dan r Bronze (2,870 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Dan,

It sounds like you are comparing a list of items/images. I think a MaxDiff exercise may be a better fit for you. A MaxDiff is essentially a one attribute CBC with best/worst response options. I have also seen CBC surveys where an image is technically displaying design information from the back end (example: a picture of a floor plan but there are attributes such as # of rooms, # of bathrooms, etc. that are being shown in the image). A conditional display can allow you to show an image but hide the other attribute information with "Attribute Visibility".  For questions like this, feel free to reach out to our support at support@sawtoothsoftware.com.
answered Jun 7 by Christina Hubner Bronze Sawtooth Software, Inc. (1,625 points)