Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Table of Contents

Hi,
This is the continuation of below thread
https://legacy.sawtoothsoftware.com/forum/30299/table-of-contents

I have created table of contents (TOC) for a survey. Please click the below link to view the structure of the table of content.

https://ibb.co/whYWqch

Questions flow are as in the TOC.
If I click 'SECTION 1 - Screening', Q1A to Q1D will be shown and will be back to TOC page after Q1D is answered. Similiarly, for other sections.

I need your help on the following points,

1. Once returned to TOC page after Q1D is answered, I want the checkboxes of Q1A to Q1D in TOC page to be automatically selected
2. Next, If I select 'SECTION 2 - Television Viewing', the next questions should I see are Q2A to Q2D. I want the questions Q1A to Q1D to be skipped (even the 'SECTION 1 - Screening' checkbox is checked from the above point)
asked 6 days ago by Abdul Bronze (2,845 points)
Is your intent that respondents can select "Section 1" to see the whole section or select just "Q1A" to see just that one question?  If so, what happens if I first do just Q1A then try to do Section 1?

Are respondents meant to be allowed to select multiple questions / sections then see all of those in a row?  Or should the table of contents page automatically submit once the first option is clicked on?
Respondents will answer Q1A to Q1D by selecting either 'Section 1' or 'Q1A' checkbox.
If they select Q1B checkbox then they will answer Q1B to Q1D (end of section). Similarly for Q1C. After end of the section (Q1D) they will return to TOC page.

I have done with the second request, so please ignore this.

2. Next, If I select 'SECTION 2 - Television Viewing', the next questions should I see are Q2A to Q2D. I want the questions Q1A to Q1D to be skipped (even the 'SECTION 1 - Screening' checkbox is checked from the above point)

I need help on the following 2 points,

1. Once returned to TOC page after a section is completed, I want the checkboxes (for e.g., Q1A to Q1D) in TOC page to be automatically checked if those questions were answered. Expecting syntax something like below

SSI_SetSelect('TOC_Q1A_1', true);

2. I want a link to TOC page. A link that allows a respondent to go back to TOC page at the middle of survey. I want this link to be added in the every page of the survey.
What you're asking for is possible, but it may require some considerable code.  I could offer some tips, but you may need to contact our consulting team at analytics@sawtoothsoftware.com for a complete solution.

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.