Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Link directly to page/question

Greetings,

Have a survey doing multiple languages. I want to track completion progress all in one admin module so my idea is, ask language question up front, link them out to the in language survey. Upon completing the in-language survey I want to link them back to the 'main' survey but have them go directly to a specific screen/question (e.g. a  quota or term).  This way the fact that they completed is acknowledged in the 'main' admin dashboard.

Can that be done?
asked Apr 19, 2021 by Nwiggin Bronze (1,825 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
What you need is the sys_skipto url feature.

Check out this extract from the Sawtooth Software HELP that explains the process ...

If you want to restart a questionnaire and skip to ("link to") a specific question name, you can do so by including a "sys_skipto" variable within the URL hyperlink (note: only works for restarts).  For example:

http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/gonzo/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?studyname=tep1&panelid=7362836&sys_skipto=Q11

The hyperlink above restarts the tep1 survey and skips respondents directly to Q11.

The most common use for this functionality is for linking multiple surveys (such as multiple conjoint modules) while still maintaining quota control.  For example, consider the following study design:

Study1 (general-type survey)
Study2 (CBC survey #1)
Study3 (CBC survey #2)

All respondents start in Study1 and complete Q1-Q10.  After Q10, respondents receive either Study2 or Study3, depending on answers within Study1.  After completing the CBC section, respondents return to Study1 to complete the survey (Q11-Q20) and be counted toward the quotas that are maintained in Study1.

To do this, a skip pattern is inserted within Study1 that skips respondents from Q10 to one of two Terminate questions placed in Study1.  The Terminate questions mark respondents as incomplete and link them to either Study2 or Study3.  Then, at the end of Study2 and Study3, Terminate questions link respondents back to Study1, with sys_skipto=Q11 placed within the URL.  Respondents finish Q11-Q20 and reach a Terminate question in Study1 that marks respondents as complete.
answered Apr 20, 2021 by Paul Moon Platinum (99,385 points)