Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Missing at random

Hi Bryan,
I wanted to try out the procedure you described here but I cannot find the possibility to run HB with "dropped attributes are missing at random". I only find this possibility for dropped levels, not for dropped attributes. Have I overlooked something? Any advice is very welcome!
related to an answer for: Post hoc adjustment of dropped attributes
asked Apr 15 by ingo (490 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
If an attribute is dropped by using constructed lists, then all levels are set to 0 for that respondent because there is no information about any levels.  The selection of inferior/unavailable/missing at random is just for when some, but not all, levels of an attribute are dropped for a respondent.
answered Apr 15 by Brian McEwan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (53,365 points)
Hi Brian,
Thank you for your answer. So Bryan was wrong with his advice? Or is there any other possibility to set "dropped attributes are missing at random"?
I wonder if maybe he meant instead of running it inside of Lighthouse Studio, to use the standalone CBC/HB?  I'll try to follow up with him to clarify, I don't see any settings inside of Lighthouse that allow you to make this choice (meaning set the levels of a missing attribute to zero is just how it behaves).