Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Same attribute level shown in consecutive ACBC unacceptable questions

Dear all,

I have a question related to the Unacceptables question in an ACBC.

I am working with the following setup: ACBC with 8 attributes including price.

Attributes:

Brand (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, …, 15)
Engine type (Petrol, LNG, Electric)
Electric range (100 miles, 200 miles, …) >> Alternative specific design (only to be shown in combination with Engine type = Electric)

Price (summed attributed)

I am using an alternative specific design: All attributes expect for Electric range are primary attributes. Electric range is only to be shown with an electric engine.

In additional, only up to 5 brands can enter the ACBC. Those 5 brands are determined using a question before the conjoint (multiple select your top 5 brands from a list of 15 brands).

My question:
It happened now multiple times that in consecutive Unacceptable questions I get shown a price of above 50,000$. How can that be the case?

Example:
First Unacceptable question shows me a price above 50,000$, brand 2, and electric range below 200 miles. As my upper price limit is indeed at 50,000$, I select this price as unacceptable. From then onwards (e.g. for the next 1-2 screeners), I do not get a price larger than that. Then however in the second Unacceptable question I am again shown the same price, this time without any additional attribute-level combinations to choose from.

Thank you very much in advance!
asked Apr 13 by SeBo (300 points)

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.