Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How can I show a column total within the grid as a row itself?

Thanks a lot for the above answer. It helped a lot. However, I want to show a column total within the grid as a row itself. So, basically, I have a numeric entry grid with 4 rows and 1 column. I want to add a 5th row and show the dynamic total of the first four rows in the 5th row while locking the 5th row's input box for entry by respondents.

By using your code, <div id="gridsum"><span>0</span></div>,
I can display the dynamic total in the question text or on the page. However, I cannot insert it into the 5th row's input box. I basically want to want to set Q1_r5_c1 equal to "gridsum". Do you have any suggestions on that? Thanks a lot.
asked Apr 10 by Elif

1 Answer

0 votes
If your grid question is row based, you can insert a Total column.  If it is column based, you can insert a Total row.  On your rows or columns tab there is a checkbox to include this.  The post you originally referenced was for being able to store those values for later use, but you can always 'show' the totals as I've described.  Hope that helps.
answered Apr 12 by Jay Rutherford Gold (41,660 points)