Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How can I make a survey that is French language compatible?

For example, letters like ê, é, è, ç, etc...are non recognizable by the survey.
asked Dec 4, 2020 by Helen
Can you expound on what problem you're seeing?  I copy-and-pasted those characters into a study and they seem to be showing up for me.
Hi Zac,

See below for a sample of how the French letters with accent are displayed in my survey.

"Comment les familles/aidants devraient—ils être impliqués dans les services d'intervention précoce pour la psychose au Canada?
Un questionnaire sur vos préférences"
Just to clarify, are you seeing these broken characters within Lighthouse Studio itself, or just in a browser when you run Preview / Test?

How are you going about creating these special characters in the study?  Are you typing them in using Windows' special character keyboard functionality, or maybe pasting them in from a translation file, or something else?
I see this when I run the preview/test.

I tried both - typing using special charaters on my keyboard as well as copy/pasting from my French word doc to lighthouse. Both seemed to result in the same while testing.
If it looks right in Lighthouse but looks broken in Preview / Test, I'd suspect your browser.  Can you check what browser and version you are using to see this behavior?
I guess I'm using the latest browser versions (Google Chrome Version 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Microsoft Edge Version 87.0.664.52 (Official build) (64-bit).

Not sure how to rectify if the browser is not the issue. OR should I call customer support for more assistance?
You can give our support team a call if you want.  I haven't been able to observe the problem you're reporting, but our support team could potentially screenshare with you to figure out exactly what's happening.

1 Answer

0 votes
I used the preview option for viewing every page once input my information and it is then that I see the special charaters within the software itself. Therefore, I do not think it's to do with any browser.
answered Dec 4, 2020 by Helen Martin