Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Is counted or calculated p-value in the HB model is statistically significant?

I used the technical book to calculate the p-value for HB but I noticed that the way to calculate the p-value for the HB model based on the technical paper is done manually (deleting the first 10k responses etc.), unlike the t-value that can be generated from the Latent class and the Logit model which makes it easy to find the p-value.

1- So can we say that the manual counted or calculated p-value in the HB model is statistically significant just as the one calculated in the other models (LC & Logit) by providing the t-ratio and from that p-value can be generated from the p-value table?  

2- Is the Upper and Lower CI at 95% mean it is significant at 0.05?

3- How can I use the stand-alone HB to consider the covariate in the HB analysis? and how this is different than the option (adding covariate) provided in the Lighthouse Studio? Can you please help walk me through the steps of using/installing the stand-alone HB?

Thank you so much for your support
asked Nov 25, 2020 by AMB

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.