Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

creation of Excel Simulator

Dear all,

I would like to use the function embedded in the Sawtooth Simulator to create a simulator as an excel file.  

I have an attribute which is numerial and defines performance of a product. I have four levels. Now, I know that I can choose each level and see what happens to the shares of preference. e.g. the levels are, 100, 200, 300, 400.

Is it possible to create the simulator in a way that I can enter, say 250 and then see what happens?

Thanks and best regards
asked Nov 24, 2020 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, if you let the simulator know that your variable is continuous, it will export an Excel file that does the interpolation for you.
answered Nov 24, 2020 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (102,700 points)
Cool, thank you very much! And with price I could click on continuous AND price in the settings, correct? Is there maybe a manual for creating the excel simulator? I do not understand how to handle the segmentation variables. At the front page it says "Segmentation variables (enter # or 0)" but I don't know what do do...
You may want to contact out Support for help with these questions.