Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

2 items in a choice set?

Has anyone had success using Sawtooth Discover to create a paired comparison choice set, i.e. MaxDiff with only 2 items per set? I can put it in the design but the program ignores me. It lets me use the non-recommended number of choice sets but not only 2. Any help would be much appreciated!
asked Nov 24, 2020 by Sophie Lountain

2 Answers

0 votes
Sophie,

You may want to call our Support group so they can see what's up with how you're doing it.  I make paired comparison designs all the time and I do not run in to the kind of problem you're describing.
answered Nov 24, 2020 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (98,075 points)
0 votes
The Discover platform unfortunately doesn't currently support paired comparisons because it doesn't have the ability to drop one of the answer columns (typically the "worst" column would be dropped).

Sorry about that.  If you are on a Suite subscription or an Academic bundle, you probably have access to our installed platform, Lighthouse Studio, which gives you the flexibility you would need to create paired comparison designs and questions.
answered Nov 24, 2020 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (49,900 points)
Thanks Brian.
I’m on an Academic Scholarship, but I’m working on a Mac and I’m not very computer savvy! Downloading Lighthouse Studio with Parallels seemed a bit beyond me!
Your grant should include access to Lighthouse Studio then, maybe you can get access to a Windows computer through a computer lab or something like that?