Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Excel simulator

Dear all,

I downloaded the Excel Simulator but when I open it on a computer without Sawtooth Software on it, it is not working. Can you tell me why?

Thank you and best regards
Nina
asked Nov 20 by anonymous
Can you tell me more? When you say you downloaded the Excel Simulator, are you referring to generating an Excel simulator using the Choice Simulator software?

If the simulator is using Randomized First Choice, then the computer must have the Excel RFC plugin installed, available at https://sawtoothsoftware.com/resources/software-downloads/choice-simulator.
Yes, I have an academic grant and I wanted to create my own excel simulator with the data of my study. When I use the file on my laptop where I have Sawtooth Software installed it works. When I open it on my other laptop where I don’t have Sawtooth installed it doesn’t work because it doesn’t recognize RFC.
So I have to download the Plug-in, is that correct?

So is it correct that everybody who opens the excel file needs to download the Plugin first? I was hoping that I could create an excel file that I can show my supervisor without having him to download something.

1 Answer

0 votes
You can select to use Share of Preference as the simulation method when you create your Excel simulator. If you do that, the plugin will not be necessary. RFC cannot be scripted in Excel formulas, and requires the plugin to be installed.
answered Nov 20 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (20,230 points)