Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Deleting Data from LightHouse

I want to remove all data and respondents from a LightHouse file (MaxDiff data) and then upload new data.  I went to Data Management / View/Edit Data, highlighted all respondent rows and then deleted all rows.  However, when I upload the new data file via paper and pencil method, it is asking me how I want to accumulate data with existing respondents, despite having already deleted all respondents.  Please help.

thank you
asked Nov 17 by Lucian Smoot

2 Answers

0 votes
There is s Save Changes button on the bottom right of the View/Edit data window, make sure after you delete all of the respondent data you click that button to save the changes.

That's really the only thing I can think of.  If you close that window and go back and everything remains gone, there shouldn't be any conflicts to resolve unless you tested the survey or downloaded the data from a live survey after deleting.  

If you're stuck, you could probably set up a screen-share and contact our support team at support@sawtoothsoftware.com or give us a call at 801-477-4700.
answered Nov 17 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (48,600 points)
0 votes
How about deleting the db3 file within your job?  (It sits alongside your ssi file).  That should clear everything you have downloaded.
answered Nov 18 by Marion Bronze (4,025 points)