Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Data in long format

Hello,

I create a CVA on Lighthouse studio, and I collected the data. Now, I would like to download the data with the design integrated. If I download the data without changing the settings, I just have a column listing what design (I have 10) each respondent was assigned to.
I would like instead to have the design characteristics for each of the choices integrated with the database.
Ideally, the database would be in a long format.
Do you know how I can do it?

Thank you in advance for your help,
asked Nov 4, 2020 by Maria Lagomarsino (245 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
I just looked around CVA, and I think to get the design information (which attribute levels were shown in each CVA question) integrated into the data file, you'll need to do some data processing.

You can export the design information (you probably fielded multiple versions (blocks) of the design...up to 10 blocks are supported in CVA) by editing your CVA exercise, clicking the Design tab, and then clicking Import/Export Design.  This gives you a .CSV file containing the design information by block (version).

Next, you'll need to match the respondent's CVA Design Version ID (1-10) with its accompanying design info with the respondent data (the rest of the survey responses for each respondent) design using your own data processing tools.
answered Nov 4, 2020 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (181,965 points)
selected Nov 5, 2020 by Maria Lagomarsino