Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

New Project Saving: Order of Data Fields

Hi all,

when I create a new project with modified/new data fields, the data does not appear in the order of the questionnaire, but in the order of when the data field was created in the design of the questionnaire.

How can I make sure that the savings of the data fields follow the order of the questionnaire?

Thank you in advance!
asked Oct 26 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Dear user,

I am not sure why the data fields are not following the questionnaire order. But you can export the data [in csv, .xlsx, .sav (SPSS)] in the questionnaire order.

To export the data in the required format and in the questionnaire sequence, please follow below steps:

1. Get data by going to the Fields, then Data Management.
2. Add a new job under Export Data tab
3. Then add Data in the Export Action tab
4. Choose the file format method (cvs, excel, SPSS) you want the data in
5. Under Export fields, move all the data fields to the "Item available for Export" and select "Study order" in the "View" dropdown
6. Then Move the required Items that you want to export, you can move all the Items as well and remove the not required items from the exported file as well
7. Click OK and finally Export Jobs

The data file in the required format and in the study order is ready. It will be saved in the folder where SSI is saved and the folder name will be the Job name that you created.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rahul Mittal
answered Oct 27 by Rahul Mittal Gold (11,135 points)