Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Graying out the differences in choice tournament and showing page numbers

Hi, all!

We have two questions regarding ACBC questionnaire display.

1. Is it possible to gray out the differences of levels in choice tournament (ACBC) rather than graying out the identical features (the default function)?

2. How to show the accurate value, i.e., page number, to every page in the progress bar?

Thank you very much.
asked Oct 22 by Xinlei Hu (260 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Adding this CSS to your ACBC questions should inverse the background colors:

<style>
#[% QuestionName() %]_div tr:not(.acbc_task_bottom_row) td.acbc_common_level {
    background-color: transparent !important;
}

#[% QuestionName() %]_div tr:not(.acbc_task_bottom_row) td:not(.acbc_common_level) {
    background-color: #E5E5E5 !important;
}
</style>

Naturally, "transparent" and "#E5E5E5" can be changed to other CSS colors.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean regarding accuracy in your second question.  What about the existing PageNumber function is not sufficient?  Are you talking with regards to ACBC questions that get automatically skipped?  Or do you have skips or page randomization / loops that you want tallied up differently?
answered Oct 22 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (156,375 points)
Thank you for your detailed answer, Zachary.
Regarding the second question, I'm asking is it possible to show the page number in the progress bar below for every page? I did not find the answer to this question from help files.
Thank you.
There's a PageNumber Sawtooth Script function.  Would putting that in your survey footer produce the intended effect?
Yes, this works now. Thank you, Zachary