Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

answer width

Hello,

I have the following code o define questions width and I would like to fix the width of the answer options as well. However, I cannot find the proper header to insert on the “style” code.
<style>
               .question{
                              min-width: 850px;
               }
</style>

Do you know which one is the right one?

Thank you in advance,
asked Oct 9 by Maria Lagomarsino (145 points)
What question type are you using?  And can I get what version of SSI Web / Lighthouse Studio you are using?
Than you for your help!

a 'select' type ofquestion

Lighthouse Studio 9.8.1

When I reduce the size of the screen, the options go vertical instead of keeping the horizontal orientation I set.
So you want to force the Number of Columns setting to be respected even for narrow devices?
I guess you can also see it like that!
However, my major concern is about the window width, I will require respondents to answer from their computer, however I cannot "control" the size of the their window. This is why I wanted to fix the minimum width so that everyone have the options horizontal.
I hope my explanation is clear!
Adding this CSS will force the items to display in their original columns:

#[% QuestionName() %]_div .response_body {
    display: flex;
}

That might not look great for mobile respondents.  There may be some alternatives you could consider, like forcing respondents to rotate their device or to simply refuse to allow respondents to use the survey if their screen width is too small.

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.