Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to link Online with Offline survey

Hi Sawtooth,

I have conduct a survey and we have 2 steps to do:

Step1: we start interview with Online survey.
Step2: we interview with Offline.

Step1 and Step2 are the same respondent but different interviewer.

Can we link these 2 steps together? If yes, how can i do?

Thanks
asked Sep 25, 2020 by Saroeun Bronze (2,715 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
It is actually possible to have a respondent start offline and resume a survey online.  So one option would be to set up the survey with a unique password.  Have the respondent begin the survey on the offline device with that password.  Get to whatever the cutoff point is and have them stop on the offline device.  Then, sync the offline device.

As long as the data gets synced, the respondent could then access the online link for the survey, type in their password, and they will resume where they left off.  You could also email the link to the respondent and embed the password so they did not have to type it in and risk making a mistake.
answered Sep 25, 2020 by Brian McEwan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (53,465 points)
selected Sep 26, 2020 by Saroeun
Thanks Brian McEwan, but what I need as Online first and then we start offline. Is it possible?
Sorry, somehow I completely read that backwards.

Unfortunately it's kind of a one-way street.  The offline surveys app pushes survey data up to the web server and doesn't try to pull down data completed in other places other than the device itself (like online or on a different device).

My guess is that your best bet would be to try to use a unique password/identifier for each survey in order to match the two data sets later on.  Sorry about that.