Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Randomly selecting

I have a total of 24 different ways to show some things to people.  Is there an easier way to randomly select who sees one of these ways other than creating copies of the questions for each scenario and doing blocks with constructed lists?  I have 3 ad campaigns, each with two ad spots (so 6 total ad spots).  Each person is going to see both ads from one campaign, then one each from the other two campaigns.  I have a lot of questions that need to refer to each of the ads they've seen using a label and photo.  Is there a way I can have hidden variables to select the #1,#2,#3 campaigns, then select the ad within each of those?
asked Dec 6, 2012 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Not sure what version you are using but v8 has a looping facility that can accommodate your problem if I am understanding it correctly?

The looping facility can ask a series of questions based on household members, brands, ad campaigns, etc. which can be randomised and you can skip within the looping questions if necessary.
answered Dec 7, 2012 by Paul Moon Platinum (99,340 points)