Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Mobile View for Grid Questions on larger devices

I have a situation where I have programmed logic with a grid question but only one item will ever be seen on a screen at a time.  In this case I like the look better when it is broke into individual questions like the mobile view option.  How can I trigger that even if it is not on a small screen and always have it presented as separate questions?
asked Aug 13 by Jay Rutherford Gold (38,025 points)
There's not a super elegant way of doing this with some quick JavaScript or Sawtooth Script.  The best option may be to modify your .pl files.  If you can tell me what version of Lighthouse Studio you are running, I believe I could make that modification.
Thank you Zach and Rahul.  

In a pinch modifying the .pl files would be great but this is also a common setup that I have templated for future use as well so it may be used in other versions as well.  

I'll take a look at my scripting and see how much of an issue flipping the direction would cause.  Was hoping there was going to be a simple way to trigger it.  Well, you never know if you don't ask, right?  Thanks again though, always appreciate the input.
Hi Jay,

If you don't want to change the scripting much, you can create a copy of grid question before actual grid question and set the dummy grid value in the actual grid question. Actual question can be always preskipped.

I think that will be easy if this question is linked with many logics further.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Jay,

I do not have direct solution to this. But may be this will help you.

Since you have one one row and mutiple columns, you can replace your rows and columns so that you will have one column now. Also, change the question direction to columns. Uncheck "Show column labels".

Now you can add one item in the Grid header and make it center align.

Regards,
Rahul Mittal
answered Aug 13 by Rahul Mittal Gold (11,135 points)